Table of Contents
The below diagram shows the typical process flow of Matchbook Services:
Process Flow Details: #
- Customer Records – Client determines what records to process through Matchbook Services.
- Data Import process – Data can be imported in a multitude of ways and formats.
- Cleanse Match process – Data goes through a cleanse/match process using the selected and granted D&B Direct APIs. The resultant data is processed and categorized into multiple buckets
- Matched Records (reside in the Output queue) – Composed of records that have a singular match candidate for a given input record.
- Low Confidence Matched Records – Composed of records that have multiple match candidates returned for a given input record. These records will require data stewardship intervention for resolution.
- No Matched Records – Composed of records with no match candidates returned. These records will also require data stewardship intervention for resolution.
- Manual Data Stewardship – Data Stewards begin to look at the Low Confidence Match queue to manually match records to the appropriate DUNS Number. Once data stewards manually match a record, that record is sent to the Output queue for export. If the data stewards do not find an appropriate match in the list of match candidates, they can choose to Reject All Matches for that input. This will move the input record into the No Match queue where further investigation can be done to aid in the effort of finding a match candidate.
- Data Enrichment (Optional) – Once a DUNS Number is accepted by the process or a data steward, another API call is made in which appended data is then associated with that DUNS Number. This data can also be exported out of Matchbook Services for consumption by the client.
- Monitoring (Optional) – For customers that subscribe to monitoring services through D&B, Matchbook Services provides the ability to monitor identified records. When changes are detected, those changes are captured by Matchbook Services and can be exported out of the tool for use by the client.
- Download the Match/Enriched/Monitoring Data – Customers can download matched data where they can then integrate back into the organization’s various source systems and appropriate business units.