Key Concepts #
Matchbook Services (MBS) provides a single overarching solution to integrate and master all your customer data using D&B services. It is a SaaS solution that acts as a comprehensive business rule layer sitting between your organization and the entire Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) data repository. MBS provides you accurate and complete control over your D&B data matching, enrichment, and monitoring processes, in real-time.
The diagram below provides a high-level overview of the Matchbook Services solution. Using MBS, you can load your customer data directly into the portal, manage the entire workflow in the cloud, and improve the quality and accuracy of your organization’s data. MBS allows you to access any of the D&B services including Direct 2.0, Direct+, Toolkit systems, and provide you the data in a standard and consistent format. MBS also allows you to fetch data using Cleanse & Match, Data Enrichment, Monitoring, Build A List, and Investigation services via the MBS Portal interface, Command Line Integration, and Postman Services.
- The below diagram shows the typical process flow of Matchbook Services:
- Process Flow Details:
- Customer Records – Client determines what records to process through Matchbook Services.
- Data Import process – Data can be imported in a multitude of ways and formats.
- Cleanse Match process – Data goes through a cleanse/match process using the selected and granted D&B Direct APIs. The resultant data is processed and categorized into multiple buckets
- Matched Records (reside in the Output queue) – Composed of records that have a singular match candidate for a given input record.
- Low Confidence Matched Records – Composed of records that have multiple match candidates returned for a given input record. These records will require data stewardship intervention for resolution.
- No Matched Records – Composed of records with no match candidates returned. These records will also require data stewardship intervention for resolution.
- Manual Data Stewardship – Data Stewards begin to look at the Low Confidence Match queue to manually match records to the appropriate DUNS Number. Once data stewards manually match a record, that record is sent to the Output queue for export. If the data stewards do not find an appropriate match in the list of match candidates, they can choose to Reject All Matches for that input. This will move the input record into the No Match queue where further investigation can be done to aid in the effort of finding a match candidate.
- Data Enrichment (Optional) – Once a DUNS Number is accepted by the process or a data steward, another API call is made in which appended data is then associated with that DUNS Number. This data can also be exported out of Matchbook Services for consumption by the client.
- Monitoring (Optional) – For customers that subscribe to monitoring services through D&B, Matchbook Services provides the ability to monitor identified records. When changes are detected, those changes are captured by Matchbook Services and can be exported out of the tool for use by the client.
- Download the Match/Enriched/Monitoring Data – Customers can download matched data where they can then integrate back into the organization’s various source systems and appropriate business units.
The flow of data through these queues is executed and managed by the MBS background processes.
Dashboard Components #
The Dashboard, aka Home page, is the starting point for all activities and operations in the Matchbook Services portal. As shown in the picture and described below, it is made up of several components:
- Left Navigation Pane – Allows users to move through the various features of MBS:
- Dashboard – Provides summary data around the system’s status
- Import Data – Provides data upload options and details within MBS
- Data Stewardship – Presents data steward related activities
- Prospecting – Provides the ability to consume Search capabilities and Build A List services
- Export Data – Provides data download options from MBS
- Settings – Allows for configuration of the system prior to run time
- Reports – Series of reports and help features